International students, skilled workers, and entrepreneurs from all over the world are making Manitoba their new home. Manitoba offers high employment, affordability, and peaceful living in the heart of Canada.
International Education Stream
The new International Education Stream (IES) for Manitoba graduates is dedicated to providing international students graduating in Manitoba and meeting the needs of industry faster pathways to nomination.
There will be one pathway:
1. Career Employment Pathway
The Career Employment Pathway will provide faster nomination pathways for international student graduates in STEM programs through internships contributing to industry innovation in Manitoba. In addition, post-secondary graduates who find long-term employment in an in-demand occupation consistent with their training, will no longer be required to work for 6 months before applying to the MPNP.
SKILLED WORKER IN MANITOBA STREAM
The renewed Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream (SWM) will nominate applicants who have a strong connection to our province through ongoing employment and sufficient skills, education and training, work experience and official language proficiency to make an immediate and ongoing contribution to the Manitoba economy and our community at large.
There will be two pathways:
1. Manitoba Work Experience Pathway
2. Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
To be eligible under this stream, you must meet all of the minimum requirements. There is no scoring of these criteria; they are assessed as pass/fail.
SKILLED WORKER OVERSEAS STREAM
The renewed Skilled Worker Overseas Stream (SWO) is for applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
1. the support of family members or friends; 2. through previous education or work experience in the province; or 3. through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
The renewed stream will offer a new pathway to nominate qualified applicants for the federal Express Entry program. Priority will be given to candidates with close family connections in Manitoba and spouses who have the language proficiency, training and experience to quickly find jobs in in-demand occupations.
There will be two pathways:
1. Manitoba Express Entry Pathway
2. Human Capital Pathway
To be eligible under this stream, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria and score a minimum of 60 points to be considered for nomination.
MANITOBA IN-DEMAND OCCUPATIONS
The MPNP is locally driven and based on the needs of Manitoba employers. We select internationally trained and experienced workers who have the skills needed in the local labour market.
In-Demand Occupations List
The MPNP In-demand Occupations list provides a regularly updated listing of which occupations qualify as ‘in-demand’ in Manitoba.
Many occupations on the in-demand list are limited to specific skilled streams of the MPNP and candidates must meet the specific criteria and requirements for one of the specific pathways listed under each stream. Candidates working in an in-demand occupation will be prioritized during Expression of Interest draws.
The In-demand Occupations list will be regularly updated.
- Business, finance and administration occupations.
- Natural and applied sciences and related occupation.
- Health occupations.
- Occupations in social science, education, government service and religion.
- Occupations in art, culture, recreation and sport.
- Sales and service occupations.
- Trades, transport and equipment operators and related occupations.
- Occupations unique to primary industry.
- Occupations unique to processing, manufacturing and utilities.