Post Graduate Work Permit

International students who have graduated from Participating Canadian post-secondary institution are entitled to apply for Post-graduation work permit. It helps the students to gain valuable work experience in Canada and also helps to apply for Canadian permanent residency.


  1. age: 18 years or older
  2. Have completed a full time post-secondary program Participating Canadian post-secondary institution.
  3. Length of program must be at least 8 months.
  4. A letter or document from school confirming the completion of program.
  5. have graduated from a:
    • a) public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school or university, or CEGEP in Quebec or
    • b) private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools (currently applies only to certain private post-secondary institutions in Quebec) or
    • c) private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer, leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP) or
    • d) Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree) but only if you are enrolled in a study programs leading to a degree as authorized by the province.
  6. apply for a work permit within 90 days of when it was confirmed that you completed your program and
  7. have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.
Mann ImmigrationPost Graduate Work Permit